Do you know:
If you decline the collision damage waiver option and you are involved in an accident, or the car sustains collision damage, even from unknown causes, you are responsible for the resulting damage up to the full value of the vehicle, regardless of fault.
1) Utilization of the vehicle: The vehicle, being the object of rental, must be personally driven by the renter. It is forbidden to overload the vehicle with more passengers than allowed for said vehicle.
It is strictly forbidden to take part in any race or competition, or to drive in a state of drunkeness or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
2) Condition of the car: The renter agrees that he receives the vehicle in proper working order, he must drive in a proper manner, and return it in the same condition, except in the case of mechanical failures and/or normal wear, which must be reported immediately to the owner.
The renter is responsible for the maintenance of the oil level for the proper operation of the car and the waterlevel for its cooling.
3) Deposits and Prolongation: Tariffs are fixed and must be paid in advance.
A deposit of US$ 350.00 is compulsary and will be returned at the end of the rental, after compliance of all obligations of the renter.
The deposit is valid for the length of the Rental and cannot serve as a unilateral prolongation of said rental.
4) Responsibility: The renter remains personally responsible for all contraventions or misdemeanor offences he could render himself responsible for during the driving of the vehicle. Under no conditions could the owner be charged or investigated for such motives. The renter must not hold the owner responsible for any items of clothing and/or articles carried or left in the vehicle. The responsibility of the renter is covered by the insurance paragraph of these general rental conditions.
5) Insurance: Only the driver will be covered by insurance as described in the following paragraphs:
a) Damage of the vehicle with a deductible of US$ 350.00 for the account of the renter for each and every loss or damage.
b) Accidental damages caused to third parties with a deductible of US$ 350.00 for the account of the renter for each and every damage.
c) The insurance is valid for the duration of the rental mentioned on the front of your rental contract, and provided at the time of the rental.
6) All violations of the rental contract will engage the responsibility of the renter and of the deposit made, without prejudice to all other rights, means, and actions which the owner may bring against him.
7) All material damages that occur to the vehicle, any loss of objects during the rental period, even in the presence of the renter, remains at the expense of the renter, and at no time during the rental period can the owner be held responsible.
8) All rental contracts are executed under the jurisidiction of the laws and courts of the Netherlands Antilles, and therefore, this agreement shall be determined according to the laws of the Netherlands Antilles to the exclusion of any other courts.